Spinal and Postural Screenings
Proper posture is important for maintaining a healthy back and spine. Poor posture can result in tension and pain as your back muscles do the work of your bones. Dr. Soloway will provide a thorough screening to ensure your spinal alignment is where it needs to be. If not, he will take the proper steps to adjust your back and spine to relieve the tension and bring relief to your pain.
Determine the cause and severity of the back pain
Your doctors at Soloway Chiropractic will find the exact nature of any back pain you’re suffering. Some causes include:
- Poor posture: As noted before, good posture plays an important role in the health of your spine and back muscles.
- Misalignments: Dr. Soloway and his staff will work to properly readjust your back if your pain is due to any misalignments.
- Stress on the spine: Stress-points and continuous stress placed on your spine can lead to other symptoms, such as headaches, neck pain and general body pain.
Benefits of spinal and postural screenings
Spinal and postural screenings are non-invasive procedures to check the current and future health of your spine and back. Dr. Soloway will be able to help correct poor posture that is affecting daily life, or predict future problems that may be caused by misalignments or bad posture.
- Provide a cause: Without the proper testing, your back pain may go untreated. It’s necessary to establish the cause behind spinal discomfort, and Soloway Chiropractic will be able to pin-point the source through screenings.
- Prevent future pain: Your chiropractor will be able to better prevent future back pain by correcting posture and misalignments before it becomes a serious issue.
- Quick and easy: Screenings are fairly quick and routine. Your doctor may take some photos to show you an issue with your posture that you may never have noticed otherwise.
Treatments after spinal and postural screenings
Depending on the outcome of your screening, Dr. Soloway and his staff will suggest the best treatment for you. These treatments may be any of the following:
- Education: The first step in correcting poor posture and discomfort associated with it is to learn proper posture. Soloway Chiropractic will work with you to correct any improper posture habits to avoid future pain.
- Massage: Soft tissue massage may help relieve pain and discomfort caused by misalignments or poor posture.
- Physical therapy: Dr. Soloway may recommend certain exercises and stretches to improve your strength and posture.